Whole body vibration machines (WBVs) are becoming essential requirements for comprehensive training in fitness centers. You’ve probably seen them being advertised, and wondered if they really work.
Some come with the promise that if you spend just ten minutes per day on the machine you can lose the same amount of weight as someone who works out for one hour each day using conventional exercises.
There’s actually some truth in that, but it depends on the type of whole body vibration machine that you use. Needless to say, you will lose more weight if you combine it with other exercises that tone your muscles, like doing squats or lifting dumbbells. But the bottom line is that whole body vibration machines are a very effective piece of equipment for weight loss. The vibrations they produce contract and relax muscles, tissues and tendons in the same way that regular exercises do. Getting you much of the same benefits, at a higher intensity, with less strain on your part.
The selling point- the whole body vibration machines achieve the same results of traditional workouts in a much shorter time. They are also effective in keeping your body toned because they work up to 95% of your body’s muscles, something that’s difficult, and time consuming to do with regular exercises.
To get the same results with conventional workouts, you would need to spend hours in the gym, perfect a variety of exercises, and add extra time for your muscles to rest from fatigue. Another consideration of how a WBV machine outshines other methods of weight loss and fitness – they are great at burning calories throughout the whole body. That means you target even those stubborn fat, hard to reach areas.
Now, in case that is not reason enough you may want to consider the following additional benefits of getting your very own whole body vibration machines:
• Better circulation: the rhythmic contraction and relaxation of muscles and tissues encourages better blood circulation and lymph drainage.
• Leaner body: WBV machines force muscles to contract for a long time (but in a safe manner). The grand effect is that your muscle fibers will develop very fast. That, combined with the fat burning capability of WBV machines, makes them great for increasing muscle strength.
• Increase bone density: the circular vibrations of WBV machines increase bone density in aging people. If you have stability issues you can also consider using them. They are especially good for realigning spinal discs and improving pelvic stability.
• Improved flexibility: with stronger bones and strong muscles you will be more flexible than you have ever been.
• Vibration therapy: vibration machines were used in therapy way before they became workout equipment. They didn’t lose their original therapeutic function even after their evolution. With regards to that, perhaps their biggest benefit is their ability to reduce mental stress and fatigue by literally shaking them away.
• Suitable design: most of these machines are designed for home use and can fit in pretty much any room. They are compact yet strong and durable. They also support a lot of weight (some as much as 400 pounds). Perfect for anyone looking to get started on their fitness goals today.